What Does This Policy Cover?
Information About Us
Our site is owned and operated by Salvie Ltd., a limited company registered in England under company number 07814069, whose registered address is 70 Main Street Cossington LE7 4UW.
Our Data Protection Officer is Harry Longman, who can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org, +44(0)1509 816 293, or by post at the address above.
You have the following rights under the GDPR, which this Policy and our use of personal data have been designed to uphold:
- The right to be informed about our collection and use of personal data;
- The right of access to the personal data we hold about you;
- The right to rectification if any personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete;
- The right to be forgotten;
- The right to restrict the processing of your personal data;
- The right to a copy of the date we hold about you;
- The right to object to us using your personal data for particular purposes; and
- Rights with respect to automated decision making and profiling.
To exercise these rights or if you have a complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us and we will do our best to solve the problem for you. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK’s supervisory authority, the Information Commissioner’s Office.
For further information about your rights, please contact the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
What Data Do we Collect?
Depending upon your use of our site, we may collect some or all of the following personal and non-personal data (please also see our Cookies Policy):
- business/company name;
- profession/job title;
- contact information such as email addresses and telephone number;
- demographic information such as post code, preferences, and interests;
- IP address;
- web browser type and version;
- operating system;
- a list of URLs starting with a referring site, your activity on our site, and the site you exit to;
How Do we Use Your Data?
All personal data is processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) it was collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Act 1998 and GDPR at all times.
Our use of your personal data will always have a lawful basis, either because it is necessary for our performance of a contract with you, because you have given consent (e.g. by subscribing to emails), or because it is in our legitimate interests. Specifically, we may use your data for the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your access to our site;
- Personalising and tailoring your experience on our site;
- Supplying our services to you;
- Personalising and tailoring our services for you;
- Replying to emails from you;
- Supplying you with emails that you have opted into (you may unsubscribe or opt-out at any time by sending an email to email@example.com with a request to be removed from our mailing list);
With your permission and/or where permitted by law, we may also use your data for marketing purposes which may include contacting you by email, telephone, text message and/or post with information, news and offers on our services. We will not send you any unsolicited marketing or spam and will take all reasonable steps to ensure that we fully protect your rights and comply with our obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998, GDPR and the Privacy and Electronic Communications (EC Directive) Regulations 2003.
You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using your personal data at any time, and to request that we delete it.
How and Where Do we Store Your Data?
We only keep your personal data for as long as we need to in order to use it as described above in section 6, and/or for as long as we have your permission to keep it.
We do not transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Data security is very important to us, and to protect your data we have taken suitable measures to safeguard and secure data collected through our site.
Do we Share Your Data?
We will not share any of your data with any third parties for any purposes, except if we are required to do so to comply with our legal obligations, a court order, or a governmental authority.
We compile statistics about the use of our site including data on traffic, usage patterns, user numbers, sales, and other information. All such data will be anonymised and will not include any personally identifying data, or any anonymised data that can be combined with other data and used to identify you. we may from time to time share such data with third parties such as prospective investors, affiliates, partners, and advertisers. Data will only be shared and used within the bounds of the law.
What Happens If our Business Changes Hands?
In the event that any of your data is to be transferred in such a manner, you will not be contacted by Us in advance and you will not be informed by Us of the changes. When contacted by the new owner or controller, you will be given the choice by the new owner or controller to have your data amended or deleted.
How Can You Control Your Data?
When you submit personal data via our site, you may be given options to choose how we use your data (including the choice to opt-in to receiving emails from us; you may later unsubscribe using the links provided in our emails).
Your Right to Withhold Information
You may access certain areas of our site without providing any data at all. However, to use all features and functions available on our site you may be required to submit or allow for the collection of certain data.